630 Cramm Road, Parsonsfield, Me 04047 | 207-432-3538 | email@example.com
Self-motivated Computer Technician with 7 years plus in software installation, upgrades, updates, and hardware replacement and repairs. Specializes in virus removal and performance tweaks. Seeks a role offering opportunities for long term professional growth and development.
AAS in Information Technology | Aug 2018 | Southern Maine Community College
- Major: IT
- Related coursework: Linux Administration, Routing & Switching, Virtualization Fundamentals, Microsoft Client Operating Systems, Fundaments of Network Security, Project Management, Database Fundamentals, Windows Server and Active Directory, and Website Production.
Help Desk Support Specialist II| SMCC | Sept 2015-Oct 2017
- Provided base level IT support to non-technical personnel within the business.
- Resolved problems with malfunctioning products.
- Researched, troubleshot and resolved complex problems independently.
- Installed software, modified and repaired hardware, and resolved technical issues.
- Used ticketing systems to manage and process actions taken.
- Demonstrated professionalism and courtesy with customers at all times.
- Built and provided basic end-user troubleshooting and desktop support on Windows and some Mac systems.
- Created documentation that empowered and enabled user community.
Owner | Chrissy’s PC Repair | 2011-Present
- Resolve computer hardware and software, printing, installation, email, and operating systems issues.
- Repair and replace hardware, including hard drives and motherboards.
- Installed system software, including drivers, operating system updates, and software programs.
- Ordered necessary supplies and parts to repair malfunctioning hardware.
- Restore data, operating systems, files, documents and drivers.
- Repair Dell, HP, Gateway, Toshiba, Sony, Compaq, Acer, and Asus computers.
- Resolve virus and malware issues with a 98% success rate.
- Performed system upgrades, including hard drive, RAM, and CPUs.
- Retrieve and back up data from dead hard drives.
- Perform operating system updates, driver updates, and software program updates, including Flash, Java, and browsers.
- Repair of some smart phone devices, including replacement of IPhone screens.
- Design basic websites, including ongoing updates and maintenance.
- Provide on-site service to local clients.
- Utilize Remote Desktop help to my customers.
- Perform system cleanups to achieve better performance.
References upon request.